Sunday 1st
1 - 1
The Riverside


Paul Durkin

Goal 1:
Deane (22 min)

Goal 2:
Harewood (88min)

Beasant     Beresford
Bonalair Fleming
Hjelde   Cooper
Armstrong     Vickers
Chettle     Festa
Gemmill     Gordon
Stone   Mustoe
Quashie Gascoigne
Bart-Williams   Townsend
Shipperley   Riccard
Harewood     Deane
Substitutes     Substitutes
Rogers     Beck
Crossley   Stamp
Freedman   Summerbell
Lyttle Stockdale
Gray   Schwarzer

It is 23 years since Middlesbrough beat Forest so at least the odds were on our side today. And Forest were quick with the first shot on goal, after 6 minutes, but Beresford made a good save.

After that though the first half was a disaster for Forest. With Rogers on the subs bench for the first time this season, Beasant played Stone in a right back role. He was sorely missed up front and Forest made few runs up the pitch.

On 15 minutes Beasant couldn't hold the ball and Ricard put it in the net, only to have it disallowed for offside. Forest were lucky again on 20 mins. when Ricard got past Beasant only to miss the goal.

 On 26mins Cooper missed the chance of scoring against his old side when the ball was played in from the corner and he shot over the net. Minutes before half time Harewood had two good chances of scoring but neither attempt found the back of the net.

Forest were lucky to be only one goal down at half time but came back out for the second half looking much more positive. They were attacking the goal and defending more effectively, with some good clearances from Chettle.

But Forest had to wait until the 88th minute for the, by then, much deserved equaliser coming from Harewood, his first Premiership goal.

A minute later Bart-Williams nearly put Forest in front with a cracking shot which hit the post. And a minute after that Harewood was clear on goal only to kick the ball straight at the keeper's hand. A more experienced player would have scored, but Harewood showed considerable promise throughout the game. He's not quite ready to replace Pierre yet, we can but dream!